Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 942 of 3483 bytes in /home/lihwmini/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailpoet/lib/Doctrine/Types/SerializedArrayType.php on line 27
The Divisions of the Proverbs
January 5, 2024
Proverbs 13:12-14 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life. Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded. The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
OUTLOOK ON THE IN BOOK:
The book of Proverbs has several main divisions:
- Chapters 1-9 – Wisdom and Folly are contrasted.
- Chapters 10-24 – A collection of Proverbs written and set in order by Solomon himself.
- Chapters 25-29 – Also proverbs of Solomon, however these were copied out by Hezekiah and his men.
- Chapter 30 – A burden or writing or Agur son of Jakeh who is rather unknown.
- Chapter 31 -Instructions given to King Lemuel by his mother. Some believe that this may have been a name given to Solomon when he was young by his mother. This would imply that the description of a virtuous woman was given by Bathsheba, who herself had been led away from the path of virtue.
As we delve into the Book of Proverbs, taking it one small segment at a time, day after day, week after week, throughout the coming year, it is my prayer that God will use this to assist you in leading a blessed life and walking with Him. I firmly believe, based on my own experience, that when we follow God’s guidance, life is significantly better.
THE WORD WALKING IN ME:
As mentioned Before, please set aside a few moments every day to pray for God’s wisdom before you begin reading. The Holy Spirit will assist you in comprehending the book He has authored. For years, I have been offering a heartfelt prayer to God, using His own words, before I delve into His Word. My prayer goes like this:
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of thy law.
As well as…
Teach me to do thy will;
for thou art my God: thy spirit is good;
lead me into the land of uprightness.
May God bless your studies as you are Living In His Word.
Tomorrow we Give you an outline for Next weeks readings.
GOD TALKING TO ME: JANUARY 5, 2024
THROUGH THE BIBLE WITH A DAILY PROVERBS
This week we will:
Sat. January 6, Proverbs 1
Sun. January 7, No Passages Assigned
If you’re Following the Traditional Reading Schedule,
Today’s Reading will be:
THROUGH THE BIBLE OLD & NEW TESTAMENT DAILY
Genesis 12-14 / Matthew 5
“Getting people into the Word of God…
… and the Word of God into people.”
Dr. Franklin J. Senters Th.D.
Founder and Executive Director